Gecko OS Native API Overview
Gecko OS is an operating system (OS), like iOS/Android. A ZAP is an application managed by the underlying OS, like an iOS or Android app.
A Gecko OS Application (App) is a custom application that runs on top of Gecko OS.
The App controls product-specific functionality, leveraging the features Gecko OS provides.
The Gecko OS Operating System
Gecko OS, the operating system:
- Manages system and App memory usage
- Manages system and App events
- Handles faults
- Maintains the network stack
- Controls peripheral drivers
- Manages firmware updates
- Provides programming API to access system functionality
The Gecko OS Native API
The Gecko OS Native API is an Application Programming Interface (API) to Gecko OS. Gecko OS applications are written using the Gecko OS Native API.
The Gecko OS SDK
The Gecko OS SDK provides an integrated development environment for writing Gecko OS applications.
Gecko OS Application
- A Gecko OS application (ZAP) is written in native C
- The App dynamically links to the underlying Gecko OS functions.