SSL/TLS communication module
The SSL/TLS communication module provides the means to create an SSL/TLS communication channel.
The basic provisions are:
- initialise an SSL/TLS context (see
- perform an SSL/TLS handshake (see
- read/write (see
- notify a peer that connection is being closed (see
Many aspects of such a channel are set through parameters and callback functions:
- the endpoint role: client or server.
- the authentication mode. Should verification take place.
- the Host-to-host communication channel. A TCP/IP module is provided.
- the random number generator (RNG).
- the ciphers to use for encryption/decryption.
- session control functions.
- X.509 parameters for certificate-handling and key exchange.
This module can be used to create an SSL/TLS server and client and to provide a basic framework to setup and communicate through an SSL/TLS communication channel.
Note that you need to provide for several aspects yourself as mentioned above.