Z-Wave is a wireless communication standard designed to allow smart home devices of all types and brands to “talk” and work together. It is found inside products such as lights, door locks, security systems, climate controls, window blinds and much more, connecting them together in functional and intuitive ways.
Getting Started with Z-Wave
Before getting started with Z-Wave development, refer to the training material at: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless/learning-center/mesh-networking/z-wave and the brainshark training presentations.
Access brainshark using the following steps:
- Visit www.silabs.com
- Login in the upper right corner
- Click Training in menu in upper right corner
- Click Learning Icon
- Search for Z-Wave training
Additionally, you may refer to the following Z-Wave introduction documents (note that some references may be out of date):
- APL13475: Z-Wave Development Basics
- APL13031: Z-Wave Networking Basics
- APL12955: Z-Wave Multi Channel Basics
- APL13298: Z-Wave Device Configuration Basics
- APL12956: Z-Wave Association Basics
- APL12957: Z-Wave Battery Support Basics
- APL13084: Z-Wave Control Application Basics
Install Simplicity Studio and the SDK
Simplicity Studio is a free software suite needed to start developing with Z-Wave.
- Download the latest version of Simplicity Studio from the following link: http://www.silabs.com/simplicity-studio.