Simplicity Studio® 5 User's Guide
Simplicity Studio is the core development environment designed to support the Silicon Labs IoT portfolio of system-on-chips (SoCs) and modules. It provides access to target device-specific web and SDK resources; software and hardware configuration tools; an integrated development environment (IDE) featuring industry-standard code editors, compilers and debuggers; and advanced, value-add tools for network analysis and code-correlated energy profiling.
Simplicity Studio is designed to simplify developer workflow. It intelligently recognizes all evaluation and development kit parts released by Silicon Labs and, based on the selected development target, presents appropriate software development kits (SDKs) and other development resources.
Simplicity Studio 5 (SSv5) focuses on developer experience, leveraging feedback from customers, employees and competitive reviews. Developers of all experience levels will benefit from an optimized workflow that supports them through the development journey and produces quicker project progression and device configuration.
The Simplicity Studio 5 User's Guide pages are organized into the following groups.
- Getting Started describes how to install SSv5 and the software components relevant to the target device, and provides general overviews to the SSv5 interface and to developing projects in SSv5. If you are new to SSv5, start here.
- About the Launcher is a reference guide to the features and functions available when you first open SSv5. This is a general reference, although some items may not be applicable to all devices.
- About the Simplicity IDE is a reference guide to the features and functions in the Simplicity integrated development environment. This is a general reference, although some items may not be applicable to all devices.
- Developing for 32-Bit Devices provides instructions and reference material for 32-bit device development in the two development environments: Project Configurator and AppBuilder.
- Developing for 8-Bit Devices provides instructions and reference material for 8-bit device development using the Hardware Configurator.
- Building and Flashing describes how to compile and flash images to various device types.
- Testing and Debugging outlines tools and strategies for testing your applications on Silicon Labs devices.
- Using the Tools is a reference guide to the various tools packaged with SSv5. Not all tools are applicable to every development path. Their specific use is described in the individual Developing for pages.