Energy Friendly Front End Module (EFF) Utility
RAIL EFF Utility
This optional software component can be enabled to include default functionality related to EFF configuration.
The EFF is a high-performance, transmit/receive (T/R) front end module (FEM) for sub-GHz EFR32 devices. The device transmit chain features a power amplifier and a switched attenuator to extend the dynamic range of the device. The device receive chain features a low-noise amplifier (LNA), a voltage peak detector to determine presence of blockers and an LNA position that can be selected to be either before or after the external filter to optimize system noise floor in the absence of blockers.
When using a Silicon Labs-developed board with an EFF, the configuration options for this software component are set up automatically based on the selected board. When using a custom board, manually configure the configuration options.
The following configuration options can be changed:
- Enable/disable Rural LNA Mode.
- Enable/disable Urban LNA Mode.
- Enable/disable Bypass LNA Mode.
- Configure the maximum continuous transfer power.
- Configure the maximum transmit duty cycle.
The following hardware options can be changed:
- Configure the CTRL0 GPIO pin.
- Configure the CTRL1 GPIO pin.
- Configure the CTRL2 GPIO pin.
- Configure the CTRL3 GPIO pin.
- Configure the TEST GPIO pin.
- Configure the SENSE GPIO pin.
- Specify the part number of the attached EFF device.