The Device Initialization functions assist in bringing the device from the reset state to an initialized state by applying errata fixes, starting oscillators and configuring certain power control features.
The top-level Device Init component will automatically add required and recommended initialization components to the platform init event handled by the System Init component based on the selected hardware.
- Errata fixes are applied on all devices
- EMU initialization is added on all devices
- Clock tree initialization is added on all devices
- DCDC initialization is added on devices with a DCDC converter
- HFXO initialization is added on Silicon Labs modules and development boards with HFXO
- LFXO initialization is added on Silicon Labs modules and development boards with LFXO
- HFRCO initialization is added on EFR32xG21 devices to set the core frequency to 80 MHz (oscillator band is configurable in the component)
- LFRCO initialization is added on EFR32xG22 devices when Bluetooth is present to enable high precision mode (precision mode is configurable in the component)
If the individual initialization components are not sufficiently configurable, or if any of these default actions are not desired, the top-level device initialization component can be removed from the project and replaced by the subset of desired initialization components.
|Initialize the clock tree. |
|Initialize the DC-DC converter. |
|Initialize the Digital PLL. |
|Initialize the Energy Management Unit. |
|Initialize the HFRCO oscillator. |
|Initialize the HFXO oscillator. |
|Initialize the LFRCO oscillator. |
|Initialize the LFXO oscillator. |